Why Millipedes?

​Desert Millipedes make amazing pets.  They are non venomous, making them safe for handling.  These are extremely creepy looking critters that come from very unforgiving areas of the United States.  They are able to handle blazing temperatures during the Summer and during the Winter, it will frost over in their native lands, causing them to go into a sort of hibernation stage. 
Feeding them is extremely easy as they are willing to eat virtually anything. We feed them fruits and vegetables, and they are also able to eat dead animal matter and dog food.
They can survive for a very long time and are always a hit when people see them for the very first time due to their interesting colors and size. 
Why you should get some:

  • Not venomous – they cannot hurt you from bites
  • Easy to feed – eat just about anything plant or animal matter
  • Easy to house – A medium sized critter keeper will do for one specimen.  Simple potting soil with no pesticides and a few wood pieces for it to hide under will suffice
  • Get large – Will amaze others who come into contact with it
  • Generally active – not shy and will move about in it’s enclosure making them enjoyable
  • No need for a heater – These can survive hot temperatures as hibernate when it gets too cold
  • Easy to handle – These are very slow and do not run away (make sure your hands are free of pesticides or chemicals)
  • Live long – Can generally live up to 7 or more years
  • Require little care – makes them perfect for beginners or even classroom projects
  • Colorful – these have a very unique color that pops out and look great
  • Drought Resistant- can handle short periods of no water
  • Can be kept together communally- more interesting in numbers

Get In Touch

Contact Me or Leave a Review

Complete the form to connect with me.